Memory issue

QUESTION:  Did you have a major update from Microsoft in the last 24 hours?  Mine ran 4 updates when shutting down last night and [the wife’s] ran 4 updates when I started it up last night.  The 4 updates took a long time to download and install.  Just curious and cautious.

[The wife’s] computer is working fine and I run Ninite weekly.  My computer is much better, but still freezes up when I first start and gives the error message about unable to read instruction at 0x00000, etc.  I re-ran CCleaner, but haven't tried to troubleshoot yet

ANSWER:  Yes, every Tuesday is Microsoft's "update Tuesday."  As to your "read instruction error," that sounds like a memory issue.  I had put the higher capacity memory stick back in there (after you said you'd taken it out).  It never caused a problem for me, but I didn't test it repeatedly as a typical user would.

You might need new memory.  I like these guys here:  4AllMemory.  I've been using them for years and have never had a problem with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment